Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Weekend With Grammy

This past weekend Mike went to Nashville so Amos and I spent the weekend with Grammy.
Friday night after work Wes came over.  We order dinner and spent some family quality time.
Amos and Wes played guitar, Grammy and I enjoyed the music! 
Saturday Amos, Verna and I went to see Giggy and then took a trip to the Galleria.  Amos got a new pair of shoes!  We found out he is now in a size 8!!!!  My baby is not really a baby anymore :(
We also went to ABC Toys where he got the "Wonder Pets" and a
Drawing toy that he LOVES!  Thank you Grammy.
After a visit to Build a Bear, we decided we are going to plan a trip
there for his birthday.  He watched a little girl build her bear and thought it
 was really cool.
 
Movies
Next onto his movies.  Amos has discovered Madagascar!  We have seen that movie at least
1,000 times.  He loves it.  He also likes Sesame street, and sometimes will watch Bob the Builder.  We also have introduced him to Finding Nemo and Madagascar 2.  It is so cute to hear him laugh at parts of the movie he thinks are funny.  I love his sweet little laugh.
 
Time Out!
We have been putting Amos in "time out" if he is not a good boy.
We have a chair called the "Sad Chair".  We turn the chair to face the wall and he has to
sit there for about 2minutes. ( 1 minute per age)
Well the other day I put him there and walked into the kitchen.  I heard little foot steps and "Heeey"!  I turned around and Amos was in the kitchen waving at me.  I told him to "go back to his chair right now" and he took off running.  He got back in his chair, hands on his lap, head down. (he did that part on his own) I told him we had to start the timer over.
Well back to the kitchen I went.  Annnd guess what I hear?  Little foot steps, then "Heeey", I turned around and there he was waving at me!!!!  We go through the entire process again!
For 15minutes we did this.  (Super Nanny says be consistent and they will get it)
Well finally he stayed in the chair 30sec. So I counted that as success.
Oh that child....
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment